My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.benaimfletcher.com
and update your bookmarks.

06 June 2010

Not so Quickie Update

In the last few weeks, we've had the following wedding progress:

* booked our airfare -- yes, this ranks as the absolute highest since it was such a chore! But alas, we have non stop flights to/from Vegas from the 8th to the 13th for $390.99 including the flights, taxes, fees, airline club fees, AND insurance. I may be taking a risk by booking on Spirit Air, but there's a few reasons why I am OK with it. Namely being in touch with their head of customer service via twitter and email the last few weeks, and also Cat's sister is working for them. Both make me feel good about the decision. Also you can't beat that price for 2 people ON a holiday weekend with a stick! Now the problem is finding a hotel room for the 8th since our reservation in the suite is for the 9th-13th. Also, this puts us $200 under our travel budget!

* guest list -- I finally typed the names from all the labels and the slips of paper mom gave me into Excel. I was somewhat shocked to find out that it added up to 189 warm bodies including children. The reception will be open to all families, totally casual and just plain fun. Honestly, as much as my head is saying no, I think it'd be completely fun to have a bounce house! The whole shindig is in my parents back yard and guests will have roughly 4-5 acres to roam and play on during the party.

* designed and had printed 2 more stamps for wedding/ post-wedding use -- the first is a super fabu address stamp that went through tons of changes before being agreed upon. The other is a stamp for the back of the RSVP envelopes. The envelope stamp says "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Love Robert Frost! These 2 and the original one I had printed were done by the crazy talented BlossomStamps.


* purchased clear labels and downloaded loads of new fonts -- yes, I am both lazy and cheap and will be using labels for our invites. The font I finally decided upon is called "MA Sexy" which amuses me, but whatever. It is both easily read and super flourishy. LOVE!

* cupcake tower -- during a shopping trip to Home Depot to get the pieces for the tower, dad pointed out that we can do as many projects for the Miami reception, but not Vegas. His idea is to use short pieces of PVC pipe since I was going to wrap whatever I bought with blue painter's tape anyhow and he has tons of piping. I'm also going to use 2 of the leftover door knobs from our new cabinets since there are a bunch left over.

* cupcake wrappers -- I bought 3 shades each of orange and blue 12x12 card stock from Michael's. After cutting them all out, I'm planning on stamping and embossing the following logo onto each. Steve said he prefers mini cupcakes, so we'll be getting 4 dozen of those from Retro Bakery. I asked and was told we get 2 flavors per dozen, which is great and all, but their flavors are aMAZing and picking 8 will be torture!

* crinoline -- I haven't ordered one yet as I'm sort of hoping to find one locally. The only problem is I can't find a store locally that sells square dance outfits. I might just suck it up and order the one from Petticoat Junction. I want a pale blue one, but think getting white and dying it on my own might be a better option than hoping they sell the right color.

+++++++
In totally non-wedding related news:
* ECU finally recognized me as a graduate with 2 degrees (the MBA and the MIS certificate)
* I am officially a Florida drivers license holder, now to get Luna transferred as well
* I am the somewhat proud owner of an iPhone. Somewhat because the signal is horrendous, but that may be due to it being an old phone.

0 comments: